Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tim Gunn: Kirstie Alley is Not a Size 4!

Kirstie Alley has lost over 100lbs. after her stint on Dancing With the Stars!


According to US Magazine, Tim Gunn, style guru, does not believe Kirstie is the size 4 she has claimed to be, but rather a size 8-10.  He added that she "looks fabulous!"  I have to say- I agree with him.

This brings up an interesting point.  Kirstie has lost over 100lbs. and looks amazing!  Why does she feel the need to fib about her dress size?  I know she's not the only woman who knocks a few digits off her dress or pant size.

Women are held to such a standard that anything over a size 4 is considered to be unacceptable.  They call a size 8 plus size on America's Next Top Model!!  What is this obsession with size and pounds and measurements?  Healthy is healthy!

I personally don't spend much time obsessing over the numbers on the scale or those on the tag of my jeans for that matter.  What matters is that I'm healthy and I feel good about myself.  Kirstie has made a huge improvement not just in her physique but also in her health.  That's much more important than trying to squeeze into a size 4.

No comments: